रविवार, 27 दिसंबर 2015

THE LANGUAGE OF SILENCE

THE LANGUAGE OF SILENCE




The Language of Silence is supreme ; it is superior ; it is subtle . It uplifts; it enlightens; It has no script ; just meanings ; symbols ; space . It demolishes existing perceptions!  
     
          It is now that I am in my late fifties that I am fathoming the ‘language of silence’. The Language of  the Child. The language of my Dog. Perhaps when we are  small  it is with this language  apart from the regular ‘crying’ to communicate that we are born with.
  
      More than communicate we assimilate . The babies do it regularly . The moods of parents . The dogs do ; the moods of Master/Mistress ! But when we grow we enter the areas of coarseness and entangle ourselves  into complications of our creations. Is it our selfishness our greed that debars us from  the refine Language?

      It is now that I have started  gaining my consciousness of the lost language of silence. How silence speaks louder than words. Don’t we experience it in our conversation with friends , family members , elders , officials, when the ‘gaps’  between the conversation convey more than our actual talk? When we are expecting an important call and the anticipation , the delay  communicates more than the message !


    I sincerely miss and crave for the ‘silent’ era of Cinema. The Cinema of Buster Keaton, the Cinema of  Charlie Chaplin. I rate some of the films of Hitchcock of the ‘silent’ era superior! I lament the loss of creativity of Charlie Chaplin with the advent of the ‘Talkies’.  I hope one day we shall return back to the ‘silent’ era  to discover the ‘pure’ under the ‘coarse’ of human nature. That would be more challenging and meaningful .

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें